McQueeney Baptist Church was originally known as First McQueeney Baptist Church. It was organized in the summer of 1950 by Revered F.F. Everett. The congregation began meeting outdoors under the mulberry tree in the front yard of Mary Cloud’s house. Most people attending services brought their own chairs. The congregation then moved up to the Hill's house.
Brother Everett took out a loan at Seguin State Bank along with Ralph Shanafelt and Taylor Thomas as cosigners. Pastor Everett, with the help of other Christian men, built the church with their own hands. The present building (Fellowship Hall) was dedicated on June 24, 1951. Almost 160 people attended for the opening of the church. In August 1955, the church note was paid in full by an unknown donor. The Church continued as a witness to the community of McQueeney, Texas until the late 1970’s, when the attendance declined to about 9 people for worship and it was decided to close the doors shortly afterwards.
On October 14, 1990, First McQueeney returned to mission status under the sponsorship of First Baptist Church of Seguin. The church was now called McQueeney Baptist Mission and David Eikenburg was called as Interim Pastor. On July 21, 1991, Bro. David Eikenburg was called as Senior Pastor. On October 3, 1993 McQueeney Baptist Church was constituted as a separate congregation.
On July 11, 2005, Brother Eikenburg died tragically in a cycling accident. Then current member Brother Jim Muse became Interim Pastor until full time pastor, Steve Knott was called. Pastor Knott faithfully served as senior pastor until January 18, 2015 as he was called to serve another church in the Dallas-Ft.Worth area.
Brother Clifton Stapleton was called as Interim Pastor from January 2015 through October 2015 when the church called Pastor Dale Jones.
Pastor Dale Jones continues to faithfully serve as Senior Pastor.